- NHS Library
- Common Health Questions
- Men's health
- 619 well man clinics
- 2378 what are well man clinics
What are well man clinics?
View original article on NHS Choices
Well man clinics offer a range of health checks for men. Some NHS GP surgeries or hospitals offer well man clinics, but many are private.
Well man clinics offer a range of health checks for men. Some NHS GP surgeries or hospitals offer well man clinics, but many are private. You will have to pay for tests at a private clinic, which can be expensive.
A well man clinic is not a replacement for your GP. If you are ill or need medical advice, see your GP.
What health checks do well man clinics offer?
The range of tests and health checks may vary between clinics, but any of the following may be assessed:
- your lifestyle, including diet, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- medical history
- weight and height
- blood pressure
- a urine test for diabetes or kidney infection
- hearing and vision
- lung function
- an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check for heart problems
- a chest X-ray, if you're a heavy smoker
Read the answers to more questions about men's health.