WHAT IS MOTABILITY?
Motability is a registered charity which helps disabled people of all ages to enjoy the freedom to get around.
Each year it awards grants, running into millions of pounds, to those in need.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Those who can satisfy current government-stipulated criteria in this respect.
- Those in receipt of the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS).
- Children from five years of age and eligible non-drivers can also apply in the status of passengers.
WHAT DOES MOTABILITY OFFER?
- Contract hire of a new car, or hire purchase to:
buy a new car
buy a quality used car
buy a powered wheelchair or scooter
- A national network of Motability accredited suppliers offers a wide range of cars, wheelchairs and scooters.
- Look for the Motability sign.
OTHER FINANCIAL HELP
- Advance payment on some lease vehicles.
- Adaptations to vehicles for those with more severe disabilities.
- Grants towards the least expensive option to meet basic needs.
- In some cases, payment for driving lessons.
Motability, Warwick House, Roydon Road, Harlow, Essex CM19 5PX
Or telephone: 01279 635999